Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Week 2- Thing 3

I know that a week has not gone by, but I have had the chance to spend some time on the workshop. We were asked to set-up a blog, add an avatar , and add a post. Obviously, I have done that or you would not be seeing this blog entry. It was a fairly easily process. The detailed instructions empower you to complete the Blog with ease. The hardest part was thinking of a name. Looking around for tips on the web helped me focus on a name that I could use beyond this assignment. I hope to continue sharing as the year goes by so I chose something that might be meaningful to others also- a place to collaborate. The avatar was easy to create but exporting took me longer. With the coaching of my colleague, I was able to complete what I had tried to do (unsuccessfully) earlier. Sharing the experience makes it more fun and learning is easier. I think that I could do without an avatar, but perhaps I do not have a full understanding of its purpose. It does provide some "life" to the blog besides print. I have chosen to keep it "invitation only" for readers because I am still not 100% comfortable with complete open access. Not out of unwillingness to share ideas but opening up to the "unknown" . Once I become more skilled in managing a blog ( and actually knowing what I am talking about), I'll probably open it up and give it a try.

1 comment:

Elem Tech said...

I know what you mean about "opening up". Except that I feel the opposite that you do. I feel like I'm talking to myself. Oh, well... I like your blog.