Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 6 Thing #15

Thoughts on readings about Web and Library 2.0 and the future:
I enjoyed the articles/reports. The "Iceberg" article was short and clearly written to help identify potential hazards facing libraries ( and classrooms) today. I most enjoyed the Horizon Report. It was easy to read, written clearly and each part provided more than discussion by including sites/tools to use to support the area written about. The proposed "implementation timeline" provided a sense of timing to keep on track. As I was reading, I was reminded of the book that I believe what titled "Who Moved My Cheese?" that dealt with change in the working environment. The Library 2.0 articles clearly connected to Web 2.0 as our traditional methods of reaching students are falling short. I am drawn to the phrases found in the ESC1 Learning 2.0 intro about "embracing change" and "meeting the users in their space" because the students I have do exactly that everyday. That's what makes Web 2.0 exciting but daunting at the same time. Can I do it? No, not alone....and that is the point: collaboration and networking is vital.

No comments: