Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 7 Thing # 17

Region 1 Sandbox
I made it to the sandbox that I've read about from other blogs! It is a nice place to play. I wonder if it would have been more helpful to have this in an earlier exercise? At this point my explorations have already introduced wiki's and I have been using them. By no means am I an expert though so the opportunity to play in somebody's sandbox is less scary than messing up your own "real" wiki. Now the question is "Which wiki do I want to establish and where?"
It does seem weird to go in and edit others work and I suppose that is because we are not used to having open access, at least digitally, anyway. It makes you really think carefully before proceeding. Working with teens, there is also the possibility of the inappropriate editing that I'm sure happens somewhere. Managing the comments/edits will be interesting but important so as not to let a bumps in the road derail the open access experience. I'm fortunate that several colleagues are taking this workshop and I look forward to filling the "SJA Greenhouse" that I setup in Ning to share and collaborate on these very issues. Ahhh... the power of teamwork and collective sharing.

No comments: