Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 9 Thing # 20

You Tube:
I've used it before and you can find some good videos to watch,discuss,and think about. I do not like the overwhelming choices that greet you at log in-I might nopt know how to limit these yet. Usually there is at least one that is not appropriate. The moral: if using in the classroom, find the one(s) you want save them to your video library and avoid the "shock" of possible no-no sites there.
As a Catholic and a Religious Studies teacher, I appreciated the recent Pope video's from World Youth Day in Australia (July 2008). I was tickled that the Pope sent the Pilgrims a text message while they were there-the youth seemed to really connect with his willingness to meet them where they are and embrace change...that sounds familiar doesn't it? During his visit he shared a message to the young people today about living in today's tricky world influences. In a visit with the Bishops he told them to treasure the young. That is a powerful and uplifting message to share with my young students , Catholic or not, they are special to God and to humanity! We should treasure them as the valuable blessings that they are.

The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWsQ1AdKsT8
I was not successful embedding it. I do not have time to figure it out right now, but I will because it is going on my class blog.

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

To embed the video, copy the URL provided into your blog post. You will need to click on the HTML tab at the top to switch to HTML editing mode.